Sunday, January 31, 2016

Commentary: Records request for BOS salaries yields unexpected results

It seems nothing is ever routine when dealing with San Bernardino County.  After searching the county’s website and not finding what I needed, I submitted a request under the California Public Records Act for the base salaries of the members of the Board of Supervisors earlier this week for a couple of other projects I am working on with no expectation of writing this article.


As is my usual practice, I submitted the request to David Wert, Public Information Officer for the county.  Wert usually replies quickly with the needed information unless the county does not want to give it up.  Then I must wait about 10 days for a letter from County Counsel wanting some exorbitant amount of money to “research” my request.


I could not imagine there could be a problem in this situation as this information is public record even if not easily found on the county’s website.  However, after two days I had not heard back from Wert.


To read entire article, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment